In 1867, in the interest of increasing urbanization and the spirit of the Monarchy, the Sfântu Gheorghe City Council decided that on the northern side of the central square, the future Elisabeta Park, built between 1880 and 1893, a one-storey "merchants' house" or "bazaar" would be built for a market hall for small industry. In 1893, Müller, a clockmaker from Budapest, installed a clock in the romantic tower of the neoclassical building, which was erected between 1869 and 1872. However, the city's industrialists were not unanimously enthusiastic about this innovation and, although the ground floor was soon occupied, they were reluctant to use the first floor. The valuable space was thus used by the town as an upper girls' school from 1874 and then converted into a civil girls' school from 1878. After the change of administration in 1923, the first floor of the building was used as a county courthouse for about half a century. Much later, from 1978 to the present day, the Székely National Museum's gallery named after Jenő Gyárfás was established on the same floor, while a few years ago the Magma Contemporary Medium was set up in the corner rooms on the ground floor. Some of the ground floor rooms of the bazaar are now popular cafés and pubs for a pleasant get-together.